Last updated: 16 May 2021
Name: World of Staccs AB
Registration number: 559135-5473
Address: Roslagsgatan 14, 113 55 Stockholm, Sweden
Support email: [email protected]
The Application is offered via (i) the Android Market and on other Android applications stores (the "Android Store"), (ii) the Apple App Store through the iTunes Store ("Apple Store"), (iii) the Amazon App Store ("Amazon Store"), and/or (iv) any other similar application store(s) owned and operated by third parties where the Service is made available by us ("Other Stores").The Android Store, the Apple Store, the Amazon Store, and the Other Stores shall be referred to thereafter as the "Store(s)".These Terms are a legally binding agreement between you and us, and not with any third-party Store(s) or third-party platform distributors or any of their affiliates.
We may make changes to these Terms at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately when we post a revised version of these Terms on the Site. The Terms were last updated on the date above stated and apply to all purchases made on or after this date. Previous versions of the Terms can be found here.
You understand and agree that to use the Service you must be 18 years of age or older or have your parent or guardian’s consent to sign up for a subscription.
- Description of the Service
- Once you have accessed the Service via the Site and/or downloaded the Application and via a Store or when using the Platform for the ﬁrst time, you will be asked to sign up for an account (or for an account with the Store or the third-party platform through which the Platform is made available to you) or to login with your existing account, as applicable. In order to create an account, you must enter your payment information and select a subscription plan ("Subscription").
- Once you have successfully created an account, you will have free access to the Service for a certain limited period of time (“Free Trial Period”). This free access to the Service will allow you to stream and watch a limited number of full length long-form videos available for streaming during such Free Trial Period. Unless you cancel your subscription before the Free Trial Period ends, once the Free Trial Period ends, you will be charged the applicable subscription price for the subscription period (each, a "Subscription Period") that you selected when you created your account, which will give you access to the Service and more speciﬁcally, to streaming of the full catalogue of long-form videos available on the Service in your country.
- The Subscription shall remain effective and you shall pay the applicable amount indicated up until (i) you cancel your Subscription as set forth below in Section 5, or (ii) this Agreement is terminated by Staccs in accordance with this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you access the Service using a promo code or gift, your Subscription shall remain effective until the applicable Subscription Period expires, or this Agreement is terminated by Staccs in accordance with this Agreement.
- It is your obligation to make sure that your viewing device and system meet the applicable minimum technical requirements (which can be found here). Please make sure that you web browser version and operating system is always up to date.
- The Service is currently available for use within Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Use of the Service on your Devices
- When using the Service for the ﬁrst time on any such other Devices that you own or control, you will be required to download the Platform on such device from the Store (or when applicable, to synchronize such device with your computer in accordance with the applicable Store Terms and Conditions), unless you access the Service via the Site. You will also be required to authenticate yourself by providing your account information or via any other authentication method provided by Staccs, if any. Once you have accessed the Service through a Device, such Device may be automatically granted access to the Service thereafter without the need to re-enter such information. If one of your Devices is accessing the Service while you are trying to access the Service with another Device, you may be asked to select the Device through which you wish to access the Service and the other active session will be automatically closed.
- The Service is only available for individuals aged 18 years or older. If you are 18 years old or older but have not reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside, please review this Agreement with your parent or guardian. By signing up for an account with the Service or by using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are aged 18 years or older, and that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any use of the Service by an individual under 18 years old is unauthorized and unlicensed.
- You agree to pay Staccs or the Store, as applicable, the Subscription fees applicable to the Subscription Period you select for the Service, plus any applicable taxes.
- If paid to Staccs, you agree to use our payment solution service provided by [Stripe] we accept all major debit and credit cards for payments.
- The currency per Subscription may vary depending on your country.
- Any local tax, inclusive but not limited to VAT, might be applied to the purchase in accordance with applicable law of the country where you reside.
- Upon purchase of a recurring Subscription, the applicable Subscription fees and taxes will be charged to your account on a recurrent basis, unless and until you cancel your Subscription by accessing your account and modifying the "Settings" for such account.
- Upon purchase of a recurring Subscription through a Store, the applicable Subscription fees and taxes will be charged to your account with such Store on a recurrent basis, unless and until you deactivate the auto-renewal option. In order to deactivate the auto-renewal option, you must access your account settings or must do as otherwise provided in the Store Terms and Conditions. Unless you turn off the auto-renewal option within the timeframe required by the Store Terms and Conditions, your Subscription to the Service will be renewed successively for the same Subscription Period and at the same price.
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- You acknowledge and agree that the Service is a digital content service delivered by other means than through a physical medium, meaning that you will have access to the Service as soon as you create an account on the Service. By signing up for the Service, you irrevocably waive your right to withdrawal in accordance to the Swedish Act on Distance Contracts and Off-Premises Contracts. Instead, to ensure that you get to try the Service first and have time to decide whether you wish to continue into a paid Subscription, we offer a limited Free Trial Period.
- Unless your Subscription has been purchased for a certain pre-paid period, your payment to us or the Store through which you purchased the Subscription will automatically renew at the end of the applicable subscription period, unless you cancel your Subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period by clicking here if you signed up for the Subscription directly through Staccs, or if you purchased the Subscription through a Store, by cancelling the Subscription through such Store. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will no longer have access to the Service. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods.
- We can’t refund payments for Subscriptions made through a Store. You can contact the Store directly for refund requests (see their details on your account page, under your subscription plan).
- If you signed up for the Service through a Free Trial Period, your Subscription will be renewed and you will be charged the monthly payment in accordance to your applicable plan, unless you cancel your Subscription prior to end of the Free Trial Period.
- We reserve the right to cancel your Subscription and suspend your access to the Service if we do not receive payment from you on time and in accordance to your plan.
- Rules of Conduct
- You agree and warrant that you will not:
- alter, change, copy, reproduce, record, transfer, perform, display, transmit or make available any part of the Service to the public (including but not limited to displaying the Service, or any content of the Service, at private gatherings or in bars, restaurants and other public places) or otherwise use the Service in any way that is not explicitly permitted under the Terms or applicable law, or otherwise constitutes an infringement of any part of the Service;
- bypass any security measures, engage in any systematic reading or listening, use any kind of software or device to “crawl” or spider any part of the Service, reverse engineer (or similar actions) any aspect of the Service to access source codes, algorithms and similar, or otherwise interfere with the security or functionality of the Service;
- use the Service for commercial purposes, for example by selling, reselling or sublicensing any part of the Service or by publishing on the Site announcements or advertisement of products or services, marketing campaigns, contests, lottery or pyramid schemes;
- not to sign up for an account on behalf of someone else or of any group or entity;
- remove or alter any copyright notices or similar that is included in any part of the Service;
- collect information about other users of the Service for example for the purpose of sending spam or junk mails or selling such information;
- pretend to be someone else when creating an account, signing up for a Subscription, or otherwise using the Service;
- When applicable, you agree to comply with the Store Terms and Conditions and/or the terms and conditions of the third-party platform through which the Platform and the Service are made available to you;
- comply with all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations when using the Platform, the Service and the content available through the Service.
- When using the Service, for example viewing long-form videos via the Service (including public chats), you warrant and agree that you will not publish or otherwise make available anything that:
- is false, misleading, harassing, offensive, inappropriate, repulsive or contains pornographic or threatening content;
- constitutes illegal activity or incitement or otherwise violates the rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights and privacy rights;
- contains spam, viruses, corrupted data, malicious software or other programs that may harm computers or other property;
- in our discretion, contravenes the content or purposes of the Terms.
- Account Security
- You agree to maintain the conﬁdentiality and security of your account data, including but not limited to your password and identiﬁcation information. You are solely responsible for restricting access to your account and to your Devices.
- By granting access to the Service on a Device then any person accessing such Device will have access to your account data. You are entirely responsible for all activities that take place using your account and your Devices, and you agree to immediately notify Staccs of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- Advertising, Third-Party Materials, Third-Party Website
- We may, at our sole discretion, insert advertising, sponsorship and promotion within the Service, including but not limited to, pre-roll, mid-roll and/or post- roll advertisements, advertising banners, push notiﬁcations and links to third- party websites, as well as any other form of advertisement and promotion. In addition, you may access the Service through websites or platforms operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any such third-party material or websites. Links to and material from any third-party websites does not automatically imply approval or endorsement thereof by us.
- Content Availability
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that the content that is available through the Service may vary depending on the country associated with the IP address of the Device used to access the Service.
- You acknowledge and agree that the trailers, samples and extracts of video materials that may be made available via the Service are only to serve as an example of the content available on the Service, and that Staccs does not represent or guarantee that such videos are and/or will be made available in the Service in your country.
- The descriptions and information, such as genres, categories, and the like, are provided for convenience only, and you acknowledge and agree that Staccs does not guarantee their accuracy.
- We reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any and all content available in the Service and the pricing and the availability of any and all Subscriptions to the Service, at any time without notice, subject to the provisions of Sections [X].
- We shall not be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such product, material or content. For greater certainty, a modiﬁcation to the pricing after your purchase will not affect such purchase.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The content included in the Service is protected in various ways, for example copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets. We and our licensors hold all copyrights, neighbouring rights and all other rights in and to all material in connection with the long-form videos and other content available on the Platform, the Site and all other parts of the Service.
- By creating and account and/or signing up for a Subscription, we only grant you a license to view long-form video content on the Service. You understand and agree that when you use the Service you are not acquiring any ownership or other interest of the rights and material included in the Service.
- Copyright Claims
- 11.1.It is of the highest importance for us to obey all relevant copyright laws and will review all claims of copyright
infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make
a claim, please provide us with the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
(ii) A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
(iii) A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufﬁcient to permit us to locate the material;
(iv)Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
(v) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and;
(vi) A statement that the information in the notiﬁcation is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- 11.2.Claims can be sent to [[email protected]] or Copyright Claims, World of Staccs AB at the address stated above.
- 11.1.It is of the highest importance for us to obey all relevant copyright laws and will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- Offensive Materials
- You understand that by using the Service, you may come across content that may be considered offensive, vulgar, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, which content may or may not be identiﬁed as having explicit language. Your use of the Platform and the Service is at your sole risk and we shall not be liable to you for content that may be found to be offensive, vulgar, indecent, or otherwise objectionable.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- You understand and agree that we only make the long-form videos accessible through the Service and the Platform.
- We will work hard to ensure that the Site and other parts of the Service are available and operational. However, without prejudice to your rights pursuant to applicable mandatory consumers laws, you understand and agree that the Site, the Platform and all other parts of the Service are provided “as is”. This means that we do not warrant:
- that the result of using the Service will meet your expectations or requirements;
- that the performance and features in relation to a specific content will be identical to the performances and features in relation to other content or that are generally displayed on the Site or, for example in demos or samples; or
- that the Service will always function without any errors or defaults.
- We take no responsibility for the performance of your hardware, software and network connection. Our ability to provide you with the Service depends on whether your viewing device and system meet the applicable minimum technical requirements (which can be found here). All long-form videos are streamed using [HSL or DASH] which means that the quality of the video will depend on your individual network connection. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the Service due to errors or defaults, you understand and agree that you have to cooperate with us, to the extent reasonably possible and necessary, to determine whether your hardware, software and/or network connection is the cause of such errors or defaults.
- Limitations of Liability
- Nothing in the Terms shall affect your legal rights as a consumer or exclude or limit any liability that cannot legally be excluded or limited.
- You understand and agree that the long-form videos available on the Service and the Platform will include artistic performances and that we have no responsibility with respect to the content or quality of the performances, except providing the streaming of the performance.
- We are not responsible for the actions or information of third parties, including performers or the livestream audience, and you release us from any claims and damages in connection with any claim you have against any such third parties.
- Our liability is limited to the price you have paid for the Subscription.
- Feedback & Reviews
- We may provide you with the opportunity to post your comments and/or reviews on the Service or to otherwise submit information to us. You hereby agree to grant to us a perpetual, worldwide and royalty-free license to display, repost, reproduce, distribute, modify, and/or display and use generally any and all comments and/or reviews (including your name, image and/or likeness when applicable) that you may have posted or otherwise provided to us. You hereby waive any and all so-called "moral rights" that you may have in and to such comments and/or reviews. You also agree to complete and execute any documentation that we may deem necessary to give full effect to this grant of rights, authorization and waiver.
- Changes to the Service
- Unless otherwise prohibited under a mandatory law of a member state of the European Union or any other jurisdiction, we reserve the right to change, modify or cancel, temporarily or permanently, all or certain functions and features of the Service at any time. For example, changes to Service may be necessary in order to adapt the content on the Site to new technical environments or to an increased number of users, or for other important operational reasons.
- Termination of the Service
- 17.1.We shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, remove, discontinue or disable access to the Platform and/or the Service (or any part, feature or content thereof) at any time and for whatever reason, without notice. We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for exercising such rights.
- If you are unable to use the Service as a result of us exercising any of the above-mentioned rights, any request for refunds shall be made to us or the Store or the third-party platform through which the Platform and the Service were made available to you, as applicable, in accordance with this Agreement or the Store Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of the relevant third-party platform, as applicable.
- We reserve the right to cancel any purchases made by you, as well as suspending your access to public chats within the Service, with immediate effect, if you violate the rules of conduct or otherwise breach your obligations under the Terms, including but not limited to providing us with incorrect personal information or purchasing Subscription(s) for commercial purposes.
- In the event that a purchase is cancelled as a result of a breach by you of the Terms, we reserve the right to not refund amounts that you have already paid, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Personal data
- We have the right to transfer the Terms, in whole or partially, and is entitled to delegate, in whole or partially, its obligations under the Terms. You are prohibited from transferring the Terms, in whole or partially, and are not allowed to transfer or sublicense your rights under the Terms to a third party.
- Please contact our support ([email protected]) if you are dissatisfied with the Service. If we are unable to find a solution, you can turn to your local consumer ombudsman or the European Union web-based platform for online dispute resolution (website: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr). In Sweden, you may turn directly to the Swedish National Board for Consumer Disputes (Sw. Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden – ARN) (email: [email protected]).
- Any dispute regarding the Terms shall be finally settled by Swedish courts, with the District Court of Stockholm as first instance. We reserve the right to bring motions for interim measures or otherwise initiate legal actions or proceedings in other jurisdictions.
- Applicable law
- Unless otherwise required by mandatory law of a member state in the European Union or any other jurisdiction, these Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Sweden, without regard to its conflict of law principles.